[SunHELP] Linux binaries under Solaris 8

Torbjorn Kristoffersen sgt at digiweb.no
Mon Jan 14 11:20:40 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:49:42AM -0600, Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to run a Linux Binary under Solaris 8. Can someone please
> point me in the right direction?

I assume you're running Solaris 8 on x86. You can use lxrun to achieve your
goal. It's a user-space program that allows users of SCO OpenServer,
UnixWare and Solaris to run ELF and a.out executables from the Linux operating
system (x86).

Packages are found at: http://www.sunfreeware.com
More specifically: http://www.sunfreeware.com/lxrunlist.html

It should contain all the information you need to set it up properly.

Torbjorn Kristoffersen                 E-mail: sgt at digiweb.no
UNIX Administrator Digiweb Norway AS   Phone: +47-92011314