[SunHELP] IMAP 4 and POP 3 daemond

Will Yardley william+sun at hq.newdream.net
Fri Jan 11 18:23:09 CST 2002

Kevin Stevens wrote:

> > It becomes a different story if you want to use Maildirs :)
>
> Actually, one reason I use WUs IMAP is that it supports a variety of
> mailbox formats.  Check it out!

unpatched uw imapd doesn't support Maildir. there's a patch for it, but
it doesn't work the same as courier (which has 'maildir++ support'.

uw imapd also has somewhat of a reputation for poor security (although i
do find courier a big PITA to deal with).

w/r/t choice of MTA, i'd pick postfix over qmail whether you're using
Maildir or mbox delivery locally, but that's just my $0.02.