[SunHELP] IMAP 4 and POP 3 daemond

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 11 11:22:24 CST 2002

> Dear folks
> I'm choosing IMAP4 daemond and POP3 daemond
> Someone please recomend me resource about
> what software of each available on SUN, Linux?
> Review of each ?

I'm currently using qpopper for POP3 - it Just Works.  No-hassle setup - and
available from sunfreeware.com.  Set inetd.conf to start it, and it's
working.

I use UW's IMAP daemon.  It also Just Works.  AFAIK, sunfreeware doesn't
have a pkg for imap - so I downloaded it and built it.  No problemo...

I've heard that DJB's qmail also runs on Solaris - though I've never
personally tried.  That gives you a multitude of mail protocols - even IMAP,
I think...

Kurt