[SunHELP] Startup script problem

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Fri Jan 11 05:47:05 CST 2002

Check the "~oracle/.profile"  file.

By default the ".profile" model script on Solaris includes some lines to
start the Graphical
User Interface OpenWindows and then exit.

Maybe you shoud delete/comment the relating lines.

(Also check /etc/skel/local.profile).

---
$OPENWINHOME/bin/openwin

                clear           # get rid of annoying cursor rectangle
                exit            # logout after leaving windows system
---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>  - (+33)
(0)5.57.26.56.36
Sema Global Services - AFM/DW/Pessac

	-----Message d'origine-----
	De:	Chanaka Mendis [SMTP:chanakam at millenniumit.com]
	Date:	vendredi 11 janvier 2002 11:11
	@:	sunhelp at sunhelp.org
	Objet:	Re: [SunHELP] Startup script problem

	Scott Jonathan wrote:

	> I wrote about this earlier, and I still havent gotten it resolved.
Below is
	> the startup portion of the rc script for starting oracle.
	>
	>         sleep 100; /usr/bin/su - oracle -c
/opt/oracle/OraHome1/bin/dbstart
	>         /usr/bin/ps -ef > /usr/users/jwscott/oracletest1
	>         /usr/bin/su - oracle -c "/opt/oracle/OraHome1/bin/lsnrctl
start"
	>         /usr/bin/ps -ef > /usr/users/jwscott/oracletest2
	>         /usr/bin/su - oracle -c /usr/bin/env >
	> /usr/users/jwscott/oracletest-env
	>         exit 0
	>         ;;
	>
	> Inside the "oracletest-env" file, I see the following:
	>
	> Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic February 2000
	>
	> Starting OpenWindows in 5 seconds (type Control-C to interrupt)
	>
	> ^L
	>
	> What is up with this? Is this the reason I cannot get Oracle to
start? How
	> can I get rid of this situation? I have never seen anything do
this before,
	> so Im at a complete loss. Any help is really appreciated!
	>
	> JS

	Hi

	Try with (double quats)
	sleep 100; /usr/bin/su - "oracle"  -c
/opt/oracle/OraHome1/bin/dbstart
	/usr/bin/ps -ef > /usr/users/jwscott/oracletest1

	/Gayantha

	The information contained in this email is confidential and is meant
to be read only by the person to whom it is addressed.Please visit
http://www.millenniumit.com/legal/email.htm to read the entire
confidentiality clause.

	SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org