[SunHELP] Startup script problem

Scott Jonathan jonokun at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 00:38:31 CST 2002

I wrote about this earlier, and I still havent gotten it resolved. Below is
the startup portion of the rc script for starting oracle.

        sleep 100; /usr/bin/su - oracle -c /opt/oracle/OraHome1/bin/dbstart
        /usr/bin/ps -ef > /usr/users/jwscott/oracletest1
        /usr/bin/su - oracle -c "/opt/oracle/OraHome1/bin/lsnrctl start"
        /usr/bin/ps -ef > /usr/users/jwscott/oracletest2
        /usr/bin/su - oracle -c /usr/bin/env >
/usr/users/jwscott/oracletest-env
        exit 0
        ;;

Inside the "oracletest-env" file, I see the following:

Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic February 2000

Starting OpenWindows in 5 seconds (type Control-C to interrupt)

^L

What is up with this? Is this the reason I cannot get Oracle to start? How
can I get rid of this situation? I have never seen anything do this before,
so Im at a complete loss. Any help is really appreciated!

JS