[SunHELP] Ultra 1 Hard Drive

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 9 07:54:42 CST 2002

> I need to get larger hard drives for an ultra 1.  I'd like to get something
> around 4GB, but not sure what drives to look for.  Anyone have a seagate or
> other hard drive model number for this size drive?  (That way I can search
> on ebay etc).

Anything with an SCA interface should do just fine.
For reference, Sunguk on ebay:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=sunguk
has several hundred avialble for ~$20 at any given time.

However, these do not include the sled/rails you'll need to slid it into
the cage.  MemoryX has sleds available:
http://www.memoryx.net/ultrasparc.html
take your pick of "Sun" or "not sun" - funny how the Sun-branded
brackets are less expensive.  However, these effectively double the
price of a 4GB drive.

Anyone know of a less expensive sourece for drive sleds for U-1s?

Kurt