[SunHELP] SS/10 NetBSD and Apache

Phil Schilling sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 16:01:48 CST 2002

Afternoon All,
	Have just spent the afternoon attempting to get apache to run on an SS/10
with NetBSD 1.5.  Apache fails to start with the message "cannot resolve
hostname  --exiting.  Ok I know what it is telling me and originally in the
httpd.conf file I had ServerName machine.network.com (fake here) but was a
valid resolvable name through my internal dns server.  I could resolve the
name via nslookup and dig no problem.  So I follow what advice I could dig
up via httpd.conf docs and google and change to ServerName (ipaddress) or
ServerName localhost. All failing to start with the same error message.
What simple thing am I missing.  Also have the hostname in /etc/hosts,
hostname on the box returns the correct name.  Any help would be appreciated
or pointers to documentation that I have missed.  Thanks

Phil

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience" (Dilberts Rules of Order)