[SunHELP] re: making UID's match between boxes

Julio_Bernabe julio_bernabe at terra.es
Sun Aug 25 14:24:15 CDT 2002

hi, all

I think when you have tow different users on two differents machine and
theirs uids are equal, can exit a problem, if one of the user make ftp to
the other system the owner of the files is the other user.
The property of the file in unix system is defined by UID of the files, it's
recommend the same user of the different system would have a unique UID.

bye.