[SunHELP] printer suggestions?

Arthur Wouk awouk at ra.nilenet.com
Sun Apr 14 13:05:31 CDT 2002

my trusty old epson lq870 died yesterday - sumptomps: power led goes
on, but nothing else. anyone know if there is a fuse somewhere that i
need to change?

i checked ebay, and used replacements, including shipping, come to
$40-50.  i guess i am really in an obsolete technology.

now i am thinking of moving into the modern era. i have
parallel ports on all my machines (ss2, ss10), and have ghostscript
running on the ss10. currently i need only text printing, but i plan
to put gimp on the ss10 and color printing would be nice then.

so what is a suggested good printer for light text use plus some
reasonable quality color printing which is supported by ghostscript
and gimp, and cn be driven from a parallel port?