[SunHELP] Sendmail help

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 11 10:25:24 CDT 2002

Is sendmail actually running and listening on port 25?

# ps -efl | grep mail

If it's not running can you start it with...

# /etc/inid.d/sendmail start

If it won't start from there can you start it up in test mode?

# /usr/lib/sendmail -bt

... or...

# /usr/lib/sendmail -bt -d44.4

The debug flag 44.4 will show which files its trying to open, whether there
are any problems with directory and file permissions preventing sendmail from
starting etc. Just some starting points.

Will.