[SunHELP] FTP session, please help with the .netrc file.

Thu Apr 11 03:49:53 CDT 2002

Hi all!
I am trying to make an automated ftp session each day under a crontab job.
I have read, in the manpages, that this task can be done using the
$HOME/.netrc... something like the FTP uses it like a macro (ftp
commands??)source... isn't it???
Well I have been trying to work whit this file, and I have get no job working.
:-(
Please could someone of you help me with this point, about what to include in
this .netrc file?? Any example is really wellcomed!!

This is my example .netrc file, I invoke it using "ftp -i <machine_name>"
command:
".netrc"
machine bono login opertemp passwd ____
ls