[SunHELP] Solaris 8 installation problems

Hichael Morton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 29 15:45:53 CDT 2001

Under Solaris, the jumpstart and boot/install servers do not need to be
the same version of OS as the install.  Images for 2.x series of OSes is
mentioned as do-able in the Sun SysAdmin courses and manuals.

The same should be true of using FreeBSD.  The clients are, in each
case, loading an image from the server.  The processing of the image is
on the client.

Hope this helps,

HM