[SunHELP] help w/ sun cobalt - anyone?

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 29 08:43:50 CDT 2001

Do those Raqs run linux?

I suspect it's /etc/con.daily/logrotate (in a round about way) that's
causing this error.

logrotate is running daily and taking its configuration from
/etc/logrotate.conf and in logrotate.conf it's including anything in
/etc/logrotate.d, which probably includes the file for apache. In the
logrotate file for apache, there's the missingok flag.

*Why* this is an unknown option though... :)

>From the logrotate man page...

       missingok
              If  the log file is missing, go on to the next one without
issuing an error
              message. See also nomissingok.

Have a quick google [ http://makeashorterlink.com/?M2B96201 ] and see if you
can turn up anything in addition to

http://www-oss.fnal.gov/fss/hypermail/archives/hyp-linux/0580.html

and

http://mlug.missouri.edu/list-archives/1999-05/msg00014.php3

Just commenting the missinok lines in /etc/logrotate.d/apache should stop
the errors. Why logrotate is choking on the option is anyone's guess.

Will.