[SunHELP] RE: FS: Ultra 1 170E and MORE!

Robert Novak sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 13:37:45 CDT 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Peter Stokes wrote:

> Not sure about Bill's attitude, but I would like to keep this list for
> SunHELP and not SunFS. I would have thought that if anyone wanted to
> purchase Sun hardware on Ebay they would go and look on it. However if you
> all agree I can post a weekly stock list of what we have for sale!!

There is a sales at sunhelp list that Bill set up for this purpose. Check out
http://www.sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/sales to join that list.

Also read http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/sales/2001-May/000010.html for
his policy (as of 5/2001) on sales posts and other things. The short form
is that if you make a living selling hardware or software, you use
sales at sunhelp (in my reading at least).

My personal expectation would be that sunhelp would be for sun help, and
sales would be for sales. I'll admit that i'd rather see forsale ads than
"I can't do a google search, please tell me everything about sun right
now" messages, but I'd guess neither is really what's intended to be on
sunhelp. Obviously I'm not the list manager, this is just my list member
perspective.

Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows