[SunHELP] DNS setup on Solaris 8

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 02:39:12 CDT 2001

jOn Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:37:59AM -0700, Elly Wijaya wrote:
> Can anybody recommend me where I can find information about how to configure DNS on Solaris 8 quickly?  I am configuring for my personal needs at home, so something simple is good enough.

If you want an easy way to do it you can always install the SUNWmcwz package
which can be found on the "AdminPack" CD (which can be found at:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/adminPack/index.html  if you dont have it)

This package includes a /usr/sadm/bin/dnsclient and a /usr/sadm/bin/dnsserver
binaries.

For information, check out infodoc 11975 which can be found on
http://sunsolve.sun.com/

Best regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my employer */