[SunHELP] ftp chroot

Tim Bell sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 00:51:21 CDT 2001

Do you really have to use wu-ftpd???

A couple days ago I set-up pure-ftpd in a matter of minutes (minus the
time it took to compile) with scores of virtual users all locked into
chroot environments (all of which are htdocs dirs). AND - this is only
my observation, but.., it seems to run faster than wu-ftpd.

Selling point would be that it has no known exploits. (wait to be seen)

Check it out http://www.pureftpd.org
Solaris docs http://pureftpd.sourceforge.net/README.Solaris

Your friendly out of work SYSAD :/
Well not completely out of work... I made 60 bucks last week (but
frankly I believe I'm beginning to chafe)

timmy!
me-myself-and-i inc.
anytown, USA!

tim at menus.com