[SunHELP] su question

Will Hayes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 23:41:40 CDT 2001

The oracle user ID has to be the file owner in most cases.  It also makes
maintenance of those files a little easier when one user owns everything.  I
think the original poster was referring to DBAs as "oracle users".

David, you should be able to get around the ftp/password problem by setting
up group membership and group write permissions on whatever directories need
to be accessed through ftp.  If a DBA is putting a file (allowed through
group privileges), they can chown it to oracle.  If they are getting a file,
then those same group privileges should allow them access to the appropriate
directories.

Enjoy,
Will