[SunHELP] pc to unix

Mike sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 23:08:47 CDT 2001

Here is some man page docs on exports. This may be your problem, if you are
using NFS. If you are accessing this mount point remotely via root, you must
set the -maproot=<user> option in your exports file on the server, otherwise
the below credentials (-2:-2) will be used by default. This is a security
measure.

    "In the absence of -maproot and -mapall options, remote accesses by root
     will result in using a credential of -2:-2.  All other users will be
     mapped to their remote credential.  If a -maproot option is given,
remote
     access by root will be mapped to that credential instead of -2:-2.  If
     -mapall option is given, all users (including root) will be mapped to
     that credential in place of their own."

Thanks.