[SunHELP] unable to generate session key in NIS+

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 09:44:33 CDT 2001

Hmm, is this box a part of a NIS+ domain? It seems like it think it is
at least, so if it is, make sure it have credentials (niscat cred.org_dir |grep <hostname>), if it doesn't have any NIS+
credentials you can create them using the following:
/usr/lib/nis/nisclient -c

Then, once you have credentials for the box this problem should go away
if you do a "keylogin -r" as root on the box.

If all this is done already, it should be enough with restarting
the process which gives this error.

Best regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my employer */