[SunHELP] PC to Unix

Rose Santos sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 09:24:28 CDT 2001

I have a mapped partition from a PC to Unix, but whenever I put
something on it from the PC, it gets assigned a -2 userid and groupid.
Then as superuser I have to change owner for my people.  This is because
on our PC the naming convention is first.lastname on UNIX its flastname
(first initial and last name)  Someone suggested adding the first.last
to the passwd file with all the other info the same.  This doesnt seem
to work...  Any ideas?

Rose Santos - Digital Map Finishing Unit
USDA - NRCS
5301 Longley Lane, Bldg. F, Suite 220
Reno, Nevada  89511
Phone - 775 784 5875 ext-116