[SunHELP] System Bottleneck

darshan pai sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 20 11:08:19 CDT 2001

Actually We have Matlab on one of our SUN m/cs (ULTRA 80), preferable for=
 running one of our other programs (SPM) which requires matlab .=20
Starting matlab is fine . But when i start spm the CPU utilization increa=
ses to abt 90% . The system bcomes dead slow .=20
Running vmstat shows a very high value of system calls

I think that means that thers a SYS bottleneck right ...

DP