[SunHELP] tcp wrappers

David Koski sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 17:20:29 CDT 2001

Excuse me if this question has already been answered or I missed something
somewhere, but after several hours worth of searching, I'm scratch zero.

I'm attempting to re-compile tcp_wrappers so libwrap.a is a 64-bit library
so I can re-compile several other binaries that use it (Forte Compiler).
Unfortunately I'm scratching zero.

cc -O -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9 -DFACILITY=LOG_MAIL -DHOSTS_ACCESS
-DPARANOID -DNETGROUP  -DGETPEERNAME_BUG -DBROKEN_FGETS
-DLIBC_CALLS_STRTOK -DSOLARIS_24_GETHOSTBYNAME_BUG  -DALWAYS_RFC931
-DDAEMON_UMASK=022  -DREAL_DAEMON_DIR=\"/usr/sbin\" -DPROCESS_OPTIONS
-DSEVERITY=LOG_INFO -DRFC931_TIMEOUT=10   -DHOSTS_DENY=\"/etc/hosts.deny\"
-DHOSTS_ALLOW=\"/etc/hosts.allow\"  -DTLI  -DAPPEND_DOT
-DALWAYS_HOSTNAME  -o tcpd tcpd.o libwrap.a -lsocket -lnsl
sys_errlist                         libwrap.a(tli.o)
sys_nerr                            libwrap.a(tli.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to tcpd
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tcpd'
Current working directory /home/dkoski/tcp_wrappers_7.6-ipv6.1
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sunos5'

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong (or is tcp_wrappers even
capable of a 64-bit compile?)

	Thanks

		David

UMNet                         MichNet                         Merit RSNG
dkoski at umich.edu                       			    Technologist
Unix Administration                                	  Technical Lead
Phone: (734)/647-8993                          Network Operations Center
                     System Administration, Integration, and Development
	          	  U of M Information Technology Central Services