[SunHELP] Terrorism

Dirk Stapels sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 13:14:24 CDT 2001

Hi Guys,

I want to state, that I agree on some of the things Faisal said. I've
always been very hard on US decisions and I don't agree with a lot
of them. My girl-friend thinks that is perhaps because I like the US
so much I hate them to make major mistakes. Also I always tried
to show a lot of understanding for islamic problems and I feel sorry
for what happens to palestinians in the moment. It is a shame that
kurds get killed by turkey with weapons my country gave to them.
My opinions have not worked for me a lot of times as I'm member
of the German Air Force.

BUT

As a german working in an international enviroment I meet a lot of
americans that regard Adolf Hitler as a terrorist. If that is the case
then this is a proof that hard military attacks can finally lead to success.
Although I regard the US as our hardest enemy in economy they still
stand for what we and all the western world stands for. They make
mistakes and it is their right to do so but terrorist attack is never
an appropriate mean to show them. These terrorists have to be punished
like all of us would because that is the rules in our system. As military
personell I understand that the military is not a scalpel but a broadsword
and there will be civilian losses but if this leads us all into a better
world I am willing to pay the price AND this includes the price of
risking my life, the lifes of friends and family in terrorst attacks and
combat if finally this will give our children a better place to live.

I hope I didn't piss people with my statement.

Regards

Dirk