[SunHELP] A1000 dual attached

Kovalev, Ivan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 10:22:09 CDT 2001

 Hi,

I remember a discussion a month or two ago about dual attached A1000 RAID.
It was either on SunHelp or on SunManagers. I was not able to find it in
archives and would appreciate any pointers.

I need (urgently) your advice on dual attached storage that would allow me
to have 2 servers to share the same drives. I do not have budget for real
clustering or Veritas FS, but I do have SoftWare load balancer. My thought
is to have 2 hosts physically attached to the same storage, but only one
controlling it at a time (to avoid file locking issues). This way I will
have transparent failover.

The system will support an FTP server. I do not have any equipment yet (all
I had was in 1 World Trade Center). I am thinking about couple of Netra T1
AC200.

Thank you.

Ivan