[SunHELP] Re: Terrorism

Gert-Jan Hagenaars sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 10:54:05 CDT 2001

Apparently, koyote at koyote.cx wrote:
% > > > Anyone been through an airport as of late? I can tell you
% > > > that we, ourselves, are mostly to blame for this tragedy.
%
% > > You are one sick person.  How dare you make a statement like this?  I bet
% > > a rapist's defense attorney would LOVE to have you on the jury.
%
% >I can't believe this. A sick person? How he "dare" make a statement like
% >that?
% >First of all, every news channel around the world has the facts; the
% >national airport security has its flaws
%
% Excuse me for one moment, but are yall implying that we ARE to blame for this?
%
% You know, this wouldn't have happened if the people to *blame* weren't a pack of shite heads who  feel that killing tens of thousands of people from all walks of life is "right".

Hear hear.

% Screw the security. I'm NOT taking blame because assholes are assholes.

Airport security is a joke.  There is NO WAY you can stop someone
from creating havoc aboard an airplane by removing metal objects .
Besides, conducting a body cavity search on someone who has the audacity
to attempt to bring nailclippers on board a plane doesn't do much to
diminish terrorism in my view.

Come to think of it: you're playing right into the terrorists' hands by
doing that, because you're changing your way of life to accommodate an
illusion of security.

To stop airplane hijacks, you put armed guards on board a plane, you turn
the cockpit into an autonomous unit with a locked reinforced entrance,
and you give out steel cutlery to all passengers.  I can almost (but
not quite) pity the poor hijacker who's trying to wield an x-acto-knife
with twenty forks in his hand.  Think about the plane that crashed in
Pennsylvania: the passengers collectively took the hijackers down.

You don't fight terrorism by turning people into sheep.

(Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety -- Benjamin Franklin)

CHeers,
Gert-Jan.

--
sed '/^[when][coders]/!d         G.J.W. Hagenaars -- gj at hagenaars dot com