[SunHELP] Re: Terrorism

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 09:52:54 CDT 2001

All the retaliation in the world won't make them think twice. This is the
nature of fanaticism.
For whatever reason these people have an unshakeable belief that what they
are doing is right and that they will be rewarded in heaven for their
actions. The belief is irrational, it's origins may date from a thousand
years ago but changing it's implacable nature will not be achieved by
randomly killing those perceived to be associated with the actual
perpetrators.

Ultimately all this act has done is increase the misery in the world. It has
achieved nothing.
Sadly, until we evolve to a state where these fanatical mindsets no longer
exist we can expect more actions of this nature in future.