[SunHELP] RE: Setup Disk

Michael Vang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 22:16:50 CDT 2001

>Is there any procedures of how to setup the HD for Sun Ultra5? Is the
>Ultra 5 support dual drives? I just received I new drive and need to go
>through the set.

I just put a Maxtor DM+60 20GB HD in my U5... I booted off the CD-ROM (boot
cdrom -s) and ran format and then wrote a new label... It worked great and
the system is at least twice as fast as before...

I used the new ATA100 cable that came with the HD and jumpered the drive as
master instead of using the existing cable, which uses cable select...

The U5 does support dual drives, although there are issues with the onboard
CMD IDE controller when using both channels...