[SunHELP] NFS

David Baldwin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 08:56:15 CDT 2001

Hi,
I share a file system by putting, "share -F nfs /export" in
/etc/dfs/dfstab and mount it with, "mount -F nfs <server>:/export
/import/mnt" but I cannot write to the mounted directory.
If I try "touch test" I get, "touch: test cannot create"
When I type mount on the client I get, "/import/mnt on <server>:/export
remote/read/write/setuid/dev=3D3c80019 on Mon Sep 10 06:40:18 2001"
And typing share on the server gets," -               /export   rw   """
It is all read/write.
I tried anon=3D0 but that only works for root user and regular users =
can't
write, I tried rw=3Dclient:client:... but it doesn't work either.
Apparently root=3Dclient only gives root access to the root user on the
client and not the regular users.
The server is Solaris 7 and the client is Solaris 8 and regular users
are NIS accounts.
The home directory shares for NIS work just fine also, it is just
between this server and the clients.

Suggestions?
TIA
Dave Baldwin