[SunHELP] SS10 - Second processor....

Matthew Poertner sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 03:41:20 CDT 2001

I have a SS10 and got another CPU for it today but I can't seem to get
it going.  When I boot up into prom (or whatever you call it).  I type
"module-info" and I get back:

CPU# 0 : 40.0 SuperSPARC
CPU# 2 : 40.0 SuperSPARC

Ok, so I boot up into Solaris 8 from disk and I notice a message:

MP not supported on downrev SuperSPARC without SuperCache booting UP only
CPU0: TI, TMS390Z50 version 0x0
CPU2: TI, TMS390Z50 version 0x0

I don't know what that means so I ignore it and log on as root.  I do a
"psrinfo" and get:
0    on-line    since 09/09/01    01:15:28

Then I do:
psradm -n 2
and get:
psradm: Processor 2: Invalid argument

I've also tried -n with numbers 0-5 - No luck.

I'm new to SUN systems and have very little linux/unix experience so
I'll admit I don't know what I'm doing but any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt