[SunHELP] Re: Another possibly unanswerable question about AXI memory (fwd)

Michael Horton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 11:47:48 CDT 2001

Call Hitachi or, at least, check their website.  My
experience is that larger companies have more
information than you would ever need.  (I once called
NEC about a 6-8 year old SCSI hard drive.  They routed
me to the engineer that "owned" the information.  He
faxed me 8-10 pages of technical information.)

The Sun labeled Ultra, according to the FE handbook,
"The 50ns DIMMs are sold in the Ultra 5/10 [greater
than or equal to] 360MHz 24-Bit PGX." (Volume 1,
Memory-4).

Also, "The minimum memory requirement is two DIMMs in
any bank."; "The 32, 64, 128, and 256MB DIMMs use
11-bit column addressing."; "If 10-bit and 11-bit
DIMMs are mixed, either pair will be ignored.";
"Memory speed is 60nx if 50ns and 60ns DIMMs are
mixed."; "System Boards 375-0066 and 375-0079 support
50nx memory speed." (Volume 1, Memory-16).

Hope this helps,

MH