[SunHELP] More XWindows questions

Kurt Huhn sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 26 07:44:02 CDT 2001

> custom, but my monitor is somewhat dim anyways.  Will I have better luck
with WindowMaker?
> I'm running configure on it now before I try building it.  I'm hoping
it'll be somewhat fast,
> I don't need a lot of extra crap, just a prettier X interface - CDE did
that, but it's too boring.

FWIW:  I've never tried WindowMaker on Solaris - but it is my GUI of choice
for my Linux workstations.  It seems very small and fast - like a completely
gutted Golf VR6.  It only takes the interface a fraction of a second to
load, as opposed to several seconds for KDE to load.

I've been very impressed with it.

Kurt