[SunHELP] Re: Setting PATH in Sun Solaris 8 (Mike's List)

John_Kennedy sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 09:37:53 CDT 2001

You need to source the .profile or .cshrc file on each terminal session
for the changes to take place.  These files are only read once per
terminal session  and must be re read any time changes are made.
John

sridhar n wrote:

> there is some variable in $HOME/.dtprofile.
> i think that variable is DTSOURCEPROFILE=true.
> this needs to be uncommented.
> hope this helps
>
> sridhar
>
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, shivraj wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to modify the PATH in
> > .profile and path in .cshrc files
> > to include some directories as a user.
> >
> > It does not seem to pick up the new
> > values when I echo the PATH (or path).
> >
> > Where am I going wrong ? Do I need to
> > logout & relogin ? This should not matter
> > if I start a new session ?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken the sleeping giant and fill
him with terrible resolve"
- Japanese Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor