[SunHELP] Fast ethernet problem

Chad A. Chance sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 16:48:40 CDT 2001

Howdy,
I got myself a SBUS fast ethernet adapter(501-2919), but I'm afraid it's
dead.
I dropped it into an LX, on power up I am getting "Invalid FCode start byte
at ffed2000".

I put it into a SS20 and so not get the Invalid FCode error at power up. I
can't try to install anything on this, since it's a production system and I
don't have an extra dive to try it.

While installing OpenBSD it does not recognise the extra ethernet interface.

Any ideas? Could this card be incompatible with an LX? Am I just screwed?
Anybody got an extra SBUS Fast ethernet card so I can finally ditch the x86
firewall I have now?

Chad