[SunHELP] GNOME + Power Management

Tugrul Galatali sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 16:43:07 CDT 2001

	Where does X store its per user power settings?

from /etc/power.conf:
# NOTE: The entry below is only used when no windowing environment
# is running.  When running windowing environment, monitor power
# management is controlled by the window system.

	I set GNOME to turn off my monitor after 5 minutes, but the damn thing
won't comply. I ran dtpower, set it back to 5 minutes, after which the monitor
does turn off once after five minutes. Then sometime later, it turns back on,
and dtpower registers the monitor poweroff period as Always On again. grr
	Does anyone know if the monitor takes any wear/tear from being turned
on and off every hour or so? I'm working on my other box, and I check in
occasionally on this box. Is it any different than DPMS off/on?

	Tugrul Galatali