[SunHELP] GNOME 1.4 - unsupported evaluation

Chad A. Chance sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 11:46:57 CDT 2001

Ok, after reading through everybody's responses and messing around with this
a bit this is what I'm getting in my session log

Gdk-ERROR **: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

This is with a new test user profile that I set up that does not even know
about the previous GNOME installation that I have, I even copied over a
"default" /etc/default/login file to make sure that this test user is
getting a generic deafult config, as if this is a clean install of Solaris.

And yes the FB is defaulting to 24 bit.

>From my searching on the net the GDK errors seem to be associated with a too
small shared memory limit even though it is set to 0x2000000 which is what
the installer set it too and that seems to be the recommended setting from
other people on the net.

Any other ideas? Anybody?

Chad