[SunHELP] can not list file with name containing "2001"

Jan Johansson sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 03:13:06 CDT 2001

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/168936

>What is "rooted" mean?

Someone ( a hacker or cracker) has used the bug that the above
URL talks about to gain root access on your machine. What you now
need to do is see how much damage has been done. The machine that
has the problem can not be trusted at all and should (must) be
reinstalled from safe media such as an Solaris CD-ROM. You then
need to answer atleast thease questions.

- Is this machine trusted by any other machine?

  If so that machine is to be reinstalled too.

- Has the affected machine been used to hack other machines in my
  system using some other kind of exploit?

  Do a carefull examination of them if you find anything
suspiosus reinstall them too.

- When did this occur?
  No files that has not been read by a human after that time is
safe. This person may have placed 100 backdoors into your system.

There is also alot of great information on the net I just don't seem
to find any right this moment. =(