[SunHELP] Issue/motd

Adams, Christopher sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 23 09:58:41 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E398.DB4355F2

When I took a Irix Sys. Admin. class at the SGI campus in Mountain View, the
teacher there gave out a copy of a nice "C" shell script that displayed a
nice little xterm window on everyone's desktop that contained a message.
Each host could be specified in the script that you wanted to receive the
message.  The script he wrote was called "netmsg", but I have long since
lost track of this script.  But what I am trying to get at I guess is the
fact that such a script can be created.  If you know of someone that has the
know-how and time to write such a script, this could be your savior.  But of
course, this script only works on "X" hosts and not on command line/telnet
or failsafe sessions.  I would recommend asking around for such a script to
see if you can find someone that has the time/know-how to do it.  I would do
it for you, but I haven't the time.

Good luck!

Christopher A.
Los Angeles, Ca.