[SunHELP] help! SUNWmdr - metadb and Solaris 2.8 April 2001 failing!

Foong, Tzeweng sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 03:57:28 CDT 2001

Hello There,

We are trying to roll out installation of Solaris 8 April 2001 release. and
we
seem to be having problems running the metadb -a -f command to create the
admin database. We have jumpstart script that were running with the
Solaris 8 March 2000 release. however as that release does not work with
the new netra and other new hardware and that why we are using the
new Solaris 8 April 2001 release.

It may be because that the package install is broken?
The package installation does not seem to be updating anything in
etc/system

when it comes to run the metadb -a -f .... command it says that it cannot
create the /dev/md/admin device

Has anyone else had this problem?  What is the solution?

Regards
Tze Weng Foong