[SunHELP] xferlog

David Rouse sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 14:47:22 CDT 2001

On 5/15/01 at 2:49 PM, Sangbutsarakum, Patai <patais at reach.com> wrote:

>Dear Guru
>On Solaris 2.6 has xferlog or not? if not, How can I enable it? if not, How
>can I configure ftp daemon to produce such log [transfer log of each ftp
>session].

man ftpd?

Maintenance Commands                                  in.ftpd(1M)

NAME
     in.ftpd, ftpd - file transfer protocol server

SYNOPSIS
     in.ftpd  [ -dl ]  [ -t timeout ]

DESCRIPTION
     in.ftpd  is the Internet File  Transfer  Protocol  (  FTP  )
     server process. The server is invoked by the Internet daemon
     inetd(1M) each time a connection to  the  FTP  service  (see
     services(4)) is made.

OPTIONS
     -d        Debugging information is logged to the system  log
               daemon syslogd(1M).

     -l        Each FTP session is logged to the system log  dae-
               mon syslogd(1M).

This works, but the logging is very detailed ...

--
drouse