[SunHELP] Procs in a 670MP

Martin Wedel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 20:20:34 CDT 2001

I've posted before about my 670, and now that I'm getting ready to haul it
to its new 'deluxe accomodations' here in Denver, and I've been thinking
about the procs in it. I currently have the 'mirror image' procs seen here

http://mbus.sunhelp.org/modules/mirror.htm#both
 (those are literally *my procs*)

I've read that the 600 board will handle up to SM-61s with the proms I
have, and SM-71s and Ross procs if I upgrade the PROMs.
1st, would I see any difference if I went to dual 61s, or would I lose
performance, and if I went with 71's would I be able to find PROMs and
would I see vastly increased performance to make it worth the investment?
Or should I just stick with what I have, as I've not heard of many systems
still in operation with the procs I have now.

Thanks for you time!

--
Martin Wedel
sun at radiate.org