[SunHELP] UPDATE = [SunRescue] Hard drive upgrading

Paul Khoury sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 15 18:58:20 CDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001 15:45:12 -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

>On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 12:17:24PM -0700, Paul Khoury wrote:
>> I tried using mc (midnight commander) to copy each directory/hidden file
>> manually.  Is this acceptable?
>> Paul
>
>Look in the archives - I did this a while back with an Ultra 2;
>used ufsdump piped to stdout, then piped to ufsrestore.  I then ran
>installboot on the new partition, and fixed the boot-device to refer
>to the new partition.
>
>Dont forget to edit /etc/vfstab if necessary.

Actually, everything is the same as far as mounting and all.
The new root drive is the same as the old one in size, but I'm using
what appears to be a more reliable IBM drive instead of the Seagate drive I had
in previously.

Only problem is my mailboxes are readonly now.  I created a new user, pkhoury2
and mail works fine with that.  How do I fix my boxes?  I honestly don't know where
the mail is stored at for sims (I thought it was somewhere under /var but I guess not).

Paul