[SunHELP] Flat panel experiences?

John Duksta sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 15 07:07:02 CDT 2001

At 10:02 PM 5/14/2001 -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

>What's a fair ballpark for a nice 17"+ LCD lately?  Is DVI-I the digital
>format?  How "standard" of a standard is that?  :)  Thanks,
>     Greg

The 17" LCD's are still pretty pricey, esp if they have both
the analog and digital inputs. My SENergy 750 which is 17.4"
1280x1024 native resolution is currently going for about $1100.

And, yes AFAIK, DVI-I is a standard standard. You can get video
cards with DVI-I as an option (Like the new ATI Radeon cards).
As LCD's start to take over from CRT's (which I hope they do)
we'll probably see alot more machines/video cards with DVI
as an option.

-john