[SunHELP] Disable login info:

David Bishop sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri May 11 14:39:06 CDT 2001

On Friday 11 May 2001 09:57, Pissey, Vinod wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to secure my web server.In the process I was just thinking whether
> we can remove the  login prompt from the telnet session.That is whenever
> any user tries to telnet into the machine he should not get the login
> prompt but directly the password  prompt which should be for the root.

I *hope* I am misreading that, and you aren't actually going to 1) open up
telnet on a public webserver 2) let root log in remotely and 3) *DEFAULT* to
root logging in remotely.  Working our way backwards, that is 3)assinine,
2)horrible, and 1)dumb.  If you need remote login capability, use ssh. Even
then, I think twice about letting root login in like that.  If that isn't
what you were asking, I apologize. But, wow......

D.A.Bishop