[SunHELP] cant boot from cdrom on an E250 when trying to install Solaris 8

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 02:37:56 CDT 2001

Could it be that the machine is trying to boot into the OpenWindows
installer? Try...

boot cdrom -s

... from the ok prompt.

In fact with Solaris 8 I seem to remember that it's important which CD you
boot off as well, the first CD is some sort of webstart/graphical rubbish
isn't it?  I *think* you need to boot of the 2nd CD to get the text mode
installer but I can't remember exactly, check the archives.

Will.