[SunHELP] HELP ME, I'VE HAVE BIG PROBLEM !!

James Fogg sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 8 06:38:44 CDT 2001

I hope someone else can give you more clues, but I had to do this once.
Repair the metadevice database first, then do the fsck (it may not even be
needed). Sun has some docs on this. The metadb keeps track of file systems
and devices for the O/S. No db, no devices.

At 06:49 AM 5/8/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Helo,
>
>I've a Sparc-20 with  Solaris7 and a Raid of disks, and this mornig
>trying to make a backup of one disk,
>the system crash ( I don't know why) and whe  reboot it appears :
>

>"use metadb to delete databases wich are broken
>Ignore "read-only fle system" error messages
>reboot the system to reload the metadevice database
>after reboot, repair any broken database replics wich where deleted "
>use ctrl-D .... :
>
>a go in to mode single user :
>
>and when i try  to repair de damaged doing this :
>
>fsck /dev/md/rdsk/d0
>"#  /dev/md/rdsk/d0  (NO WRITE )
>

>this is a machine "in production", can anybody help me please ?
>
>THANKS

James Fogg
Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation
(570) 695-3611 (temporary till 10/6/2000)
(570) 695-3041 (coming soon, previous will be alternate)
Cell: (603) 252-1864
Alternate cell: (570) 449-2793
No pager service at this time.