[SunHELP] Monitoring tool

Frank Carreiro sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 11:21:47 CDT 2001

I had no idea you could do this.  I've looked at several tools to
monitor stuff like CPU/DISK activity.  Never thought of using MRTG/RRD
for this.

We're currently using MRTG to monitor our routers (internet, between
floors and so on).  VERY nice tool.  Actually had a guy yesterday tell
me that our Internet connection sucks (T1 he claimed was "slow").
Pulled up our MRTG page right in front of him and showed we were using
about 6% of our bandwidth.  So much for it being our connection :-)

Frank