[SunHELP] (no subject)

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 05:12:50 CDT 2001

If you don't want to use le0 at all:

cd /etc
rm hostname.le0
echo `hostname` > hostname.hme0
cat hostname.hme0 [sanity check the change...sometimes I get weird stuff
out of the hostname command]

Then you can either reboot or locally go fiddle with ifconfig to change
things on the fly.

If you want to use le0, make a new entry in /etc/hosts for the le0
interface's hostname and corresponding IP.  Then make a hostname.hme0 with
the hostname whos IP you want assigned to that interface.  Repeat for  the
le0 interface.  Fiddle with ifconfig or just reboot.