[SunHELP] same question restated

David Bishop sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 3 16:40:48 CDT 2001

Going back and rereading my email, I included too much information :-)  So,
here is my question, restated for simplicitys sake.

Where would you restrict what computers can display their "chooser" program
on your local  sun machine, which is using dtlogin?

And if that isn't *enough* information, here is a quick recap: while choosing
"remote login" from the dtlogin of my sun workstations, it will let me log
onto some machines fine, but not others.  I've verified that the "failing"
remote machines work using exceed. The log files from the remote machine says
that it's *dm program is does not have permission to display on the sun's X
server, like as if I hadn't run xhost <machinename> while logged on, however
I haven't even gotten to the logon prompt yet (that is, the one provided by
the remote machine).  Whew.  It's hard to recap this quickly :-)

If anyone has any information on where I should start looking, it would be
much appreciated!  Thanks....

D.A.Bishop