[SunHELP] Can't use flash memory as an IDE device (netra X1) (embedded solaris)

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 1 02:27:10 CDT 2001

Just off the top of my head, have you tried connecting the flash memory card
to the second IDE channel as master/slave rather than the primary channel as
master? (I'm assuming the X1 does actually have 2 channels.)

I've had IDE devices do some strange things in specific (admittedly
PC-based) hardware setups, for instance we have some Aopen CD-ROMs that'll
only allow the machine to boot into linux if they're set to secondary slave.

What I'm wondering is how does the flash device know where on the IDE chain
it is, master/slave-wise?

Will.