[SunHELP] pkgadd errno 28

Nicholas Dronen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 12:11:51 CST 2001

The partition is just a start and end point in a disk storage device.
The filesystem, in contrast, is a virtual entity that, when it's in
a consistent state, knows how many blocks are available to it (e.g.,
the number of blocks in the partition) and how many are used, etc.
It is the filesystem that determines that it is not "able" to
write any more blocks to the device without clobbering another
block, and so we say that the filesystem is full.